ABOUT THE ROLE
A Customer Success Manager (CSM) plays a valuable role in delivering a rewarding experience for customers. This role will also help the Lead, Customer Success, create full-featured client service offerings to include Training, Support, and Implementation programs.
A CSM plays three main roles:
- Product Expert: Knows the MyAlice Platform inside and out and can share best practices and train customers to get the most out of the portal.
- Trusted Partner: Able to build authentic, lasting relationships with customers with a mutual concern for their success.
- Customer Advocate: A strong voice for customer experience and feedback to internal teams to help keep a customer-focused culture as we grow.
A CSM proactively guides the customer throughout their journey to create an enduring, expanding, and rewarding commercial relationship. This includes rapid onboarding, implementation, and adoption as well as establishing, tracking, and reporting on shared success criteria. It also requires the CSM to be adaptable and creative to adjust programs and offerings to the needs of the customer.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking an experienced customer facing professional who will engage, retain and drive our customers' understanding of MyAlice product working strategically with sales, CS and leadership (both internally and with the customer). You will be measured on the retention, expansion and happiness index of a book of business (MyAlice’s customers).
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for managing complex and savvy customer needs, leading compelling business reviews, and using data analysis to drive business impact aligning closely with various departments internally and externally not limited to Product, Sales, Services, Customer Success and Partners. You will partner with sales to identify customer growth opportunities based on demonstrated value, and help strategize and execute plans to earn additional spend from the customer. You will also work with support and product teams to ensure customer feedback is captured and realized.
If you’re passionate about technology, providing a world-class customer experience, and thrive in a fast-paced, hyper-growth startup environment, then becoming a Customer Success Manager is the career path for you!
The Customer Success team at MyAlice is small but agile and efficient who develop and maintain a deep understanding of the customer’s business drives, goals, and steer activities to align with these initiatives. You’ll report directly to the Customer Success Lead and act as a liaison between internal teams to ensure customer needs are being met, partner with sales to define and achieve customers’ success criteria, and demonstrate ROI and ensure customers renew the MyAlice Product. We strive to ensure customer satisfaction through inspiring, educating/training, driving adoption, managing stakeholders, and influencing the customer.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for new and existing customers.
- Manage all post-sales activity and enterprise customers through strong relationship-building, product knowledge, planning and execution of their bespoke customer success plan
- Be familiar and confident with navigating multiple business unit environments
- Expertise in supporting a wide range of stakeholders for internal and external projects
- Ability to diagnose issues within customer initiatives and spearhead routes to resolution
- Ensure customer satisfaction that leads to annual renewals and contract expansion.
- Develop a trusted relationship with consistently responsive and expert service.
- Monitor contract deliverables and usage to help customers manage and expand their usage of the MyAlice Platform.
- Drive adoption across multiple departments, stakeholders, and business users
- Host regular check-ins with customers as well as monthly and quarterly business reviews to ensure adoption of the portal and realization of success criteria.
- Answer questions and facilitate data requests, user feedback, and bug reporting to our data, product, and engineering teams.
- Manage the Support line to speak to potential customers and existing users and gather insights/opportunities
- Act as Voice of the Customer internally to represent customer needs and wants.
- Identify and qualify cross-sell and up-sell opportunities and work with the sales teams to grow revenue from existing customers.
- 1-2 years of experience in Sales, Customer Service, Customer Success, Account Management, Project Management or other customer facing roles.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Experience with cloud softwares such Notion, Slack, Hubspot, G-suite is preferred
- Experience managing a book of business and leading customers through change management
- Previous experience in a SaaS/Technology company or fast growing startup will be a plus.
- Superb listening skills and the proven ability to dig deeper to uncover the customer’s true objectives
- High level of empathy - it’s important for our CSMs to be a good person to peers and customers
- Ability to conduct compelling on-site or online presentations to top level executives
- You are a clear, confident and compelling communicator — in writing, in conversation and in front of an audience
- You are extremely perceptive and are highly emotionally intelligent, making you agile in adapting your executive presence and approach to any audience and personality
- You are someone who ruthlessly prioritizes, manages stakeholder expectations, and ensures all key objectives and timelines are met
- You are resourceful, scrappy and creative — if a playbook doesn't exist yet, you go figure it out and build it for the whole team to use
- You are tech savvy and confident in technical conversations — hearing “API” doesn't make you run and hide
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL:
- Attend MyAlice’s New Hire Orientation, where you will learn our MyAlice story and understand what makes us unique
- Join our 3-week Sales Bootcamp, where you will learn our software and all the skills necessary to set you up for success, allowing you to make an impact in the market quickly
- Begin 1:1’s with your manager, understand your 30-60-90 day plan, meet & shadow current members of the MyAlice team, and delve into your territory
- Set your OKRs (Objectives and Key Results) with your manager and develop an action plan to achieve them
- Meet key partners in Product, Engineering, Sales and Finance - they will be key relationships for you throughout your deal cycle
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Begin working with customers
- Be a product expert and feel comfortable walking a customer through all aspects of the MyAlice platform
- Have proficiency in both the MyAlice product capabilities as well as modern customer engagement best practices
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Be running with your customer success plans to encourage adoption & process optimization
- Be able to show quantifiable ROI to customers in the form of success stories
- Have a greater ability to understand deep technical aspects of a product and educate customers and peers using simplified explanations
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL:
- Set an example for new CSMs, and assist in training, onboarding and motivating new hires
- Be a proven self-starter and able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance
- Have a thorough understanding of the challenges an organization faces when implementing a new technology and how to help them manage change
- Work hours: Sunday- Thursday (10 AM- 6 PM)
- Salary: 35-45k
- Probation: 3 months