We’ve all seen that little tick of verification sign next to the profile of our favorite celebrities or content creators. And low-key wished we had that too. Admit it - we’ve all been there.
And although getting that tick for yourself can be a strenuous process, the good news is you can get a green tick verification for your WhatsApp business account. That too, in a pretty easy way. Pretty exciting right?
Now hold on. Before you go and start applying for the green tick, three are a few things you should keep in mind. We tell you all about it down below -
What is WhatsApp Green Tick Verification?
The WhatsApp Green Tick is an official Green Checkmark that WhatsApp offers to demonstrate the Brand's legitimacy and reliability. After WhatsApp has properly confirmed your business profile as an official business account, you receive the green badge next to the contact's name. It's an indication from WhatsApp that the company is a trusted one. Green Tick-equipped accounts are referred to as official WhatsApp Verified Accounts.
Official Business Account vs Business Accounts
A business account is any regular WhatsApp business account that uses WhatsApp Business API or WhatsApp Business App. WhatsApp business account is not verified. WhatsApp authenticates a brand's legitimacy for each account via the WhatsApp Business API.
Official business account
A WhatsApp business account that has a green tick verification is an official business account. This tick mark is a sign of WhatsApp approves this business as a trustworthy and established company. A green checkmark badge and chat thread headers are shown in the profile of an official business account. Even if the user hasn't added the company to their address book, the user can still see the name of the firm.
An official business account has all the benefits that any regular business account has. However, it comes with a few extra benefits. Which are -
- Increases engagement and decreases negative responses like blocking the WhatsApp phone number by proving to users that the account is trustworthy and safe to connect with.
- Results in an increase in the read rate of your messages, and thus a higher ROI on your messaging costs.
- This could eventually merge with the rest of your branding.
- Instead of your phone number, they would see your brand name. Even if they don't save the details of your company's contact.
Requirements to apply for WhatsApp green tick verification
Getting a verified tick mark is no piece of cake, no matter which platform you are in. The same goes for WhatsApp. To have a green tick verification for your WhatsApp business account, it needs to fulfill some requirements. Once you have all the requirements mentioned below you are good to go.
- Use of the WhatsApp Business API Account is required.
- Activate two-step authentication.
- Facebook must verify your Facebook Business Manager account.
- Must be a company (Individual businesses are currently not allowed).
- You should be at least in the Tier 2 messaging level.
- You should have organic PR for your company. Note: Paid PR is not considered.
And lastly, you must fulfill at least one of the following requirements. -
- Have at least 200,000 likes on Facebook
- Have at least 100,000 followers on your social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, or YouTube)
- Have a verified social media account
- Have at least 5 videos with more than 400k views on youtube
- Have a presence in several major cities in your country or in several capitals in different countries
Even if you fulfill some of the requirements above it is still possible that the request will not be approved. Facebook controls the process of the final decision. But having them will definitely give you an edge. And you’re more likely to get verified.
How to verify a WhatsApp Business account?
Now that you know all about WhatsApp green tick verification - their benefits and requirements. You can start looking into how to verify your WhatsApp business account. The ways to apply to get a Green Tick on WhatsApp are shown below:
- In order to use the WhatsApp API, you must first submit an application through a WhatsApp Business Solution Provider (BSP), such as MyAlice.
- You can contact your BSP to submit an application for Green Tick once your WhatsApp Business API access has been approved.
In the upcoming 7–10 days, Facebook will respond directly to your application.
Note: If your company doesn't have a good reputation, the green tick application can be denied. Facebook makes the sole discretion as to which businesses receive the Green Badge.
The WhatsApp Business API vendor's or service provider's responsibility is to forward Facebook the business's Green Tick application. They don't make the decisions.
How long does it take to verify a green tick?
The decision on a Green Tick application is normally made in 1-2 working days. However, it may take up to a week in unique circumstances.
Why did Facebook reject your green tick application?
There could be a couple of reasons why Facebook rejected your application. It could be that you didn’t meet any of the requirements as stated above, your displayed name is not relevant to your brand or, there isn't enough online traffic or natural PR for your brand.
What helps the most to get a green tick verification?
Apart from the requirements mentioned above, the likelihood of your account receiving the green checkmark increases if you have three to five PR pieces about your business.
That’s all you need to know to get your WhatsApp Business Account verified. The application process is quite easy. But the pre-requisite requirements to get your business verified can be a bit tough. But you can still grow your business and generate massive sales without a green tick.